- ENTER THE YOGA ROOM IN SILENCE. Please do not enter and start visiting. Before class, enjoy some "down time", meditation or stretching. No talking or whispering. Your practice starts when you walk in the room. Visit with one another outside of the yoga room.
- STAY IN THE ROOM FOR 90
MINUTES. Of course you can leave the room in an emergency, but well
before you "need" to leave the room, take a break. Rule #1: Compassion. :-)
- TURN OFF CELL PHONES & PAGERS. Never bring a cell phone/pager into class.
- NO SHOES (OR SOCKS) IN THE PRACTICE AREA. Please remove shoes upon arrival.
- STUDIO DOORS LOCKED AT BEGINNING OF CLASS. Arrive at least 10 minutes early. Consider being prompt as part of your practice.
- PRACTICE ON AN EMPTY STOMACH. It is recommended that you do not eat at least 2-3 hours before you practice. If a special condition prevents this, eat easily digestible foods, i.e. fruit or yogurt one hour before class. No food in the studio.
- MENTION ANY PRE-EXISTING INJURY. Or special condition to the teacher at the beginning of the class so that he/she can help and keep an eye on you.
- BE COMPASSIONATE WITH YOURSELF BY ACCEPTING WHERE YOU ARE. Rest sometimes. Do what you can, with what you have, with where you are. Remember: Whenever / wherever you begin yoga, is perfect. No experience or flexibly is required.
- ARRIVE WELL HYDRATED. Water is recommended before, during and after practice. It is important to drink plenty of water.
- ARRIVE AS SCENT FREE
AS POSSIBLE. Please do not wear perfume or anything scented. Some
people are HIGHLY allergic/sensitive. If you wear heavily scented
perfume / cologne / or hair products please consider bathing before
your practice. If you smoke, please refrain from smoking one hour prior to class. Keep others in mind.
- PURCHASE OR RENT A MAT. Bring or rent a towel for use in class. We will always have mats & towels available for rental. Please place used rental towels in towel bin. Sanitize and hang rental mats to dry after use.
- ABANDON THE COMPETITIVE MIND-SET. Yoga is absolutely non-competitive. It is not just a work-out. It is not just cross-training. It is a practice, which makes the body stronger, more flexible, and healthier. Calm the mind, open the heart.
- KEEP YOUR EYES ON YOUR OWN PRACTICE. Practice from the inside out. When you can finish your practice without knowing what the person next to you is wearing or even who else was in the room, you'll know you were truly focused.
- PLEASE NEVER ENTER OR LEAVE THE STUDIO WHEN THE CLASS IS IN MEDITATION OR FINAL RELAXATION. If you need to leave class early, please speak with teacher before class. Please do your best to participate for all 90 minutes.
All Content is ©
2003 - 2018 by Virtual Bikram Yoga.
Web Site by Right